The Lake of the Sky Garden Club was formed in 1992. It’s objectives include:
- to promote an interest in gardening;
- to assist and educate gardeners of all ages with particular emphasis on high altitude gardening;
- to be concerned, educate, and assist in the appreciation and conservation of our natural resources;
- to initiate and participate in community beautification and developmental gardening projects;
- to educate and encourage the use of nature’s controls in solving gardening problems whenever possible; and
- to cooperate and communicate with other clubs and agencies in gardening and improvement projects.
Scholarship and community grants are funded by 26 local garden tours held annually.