Donor Portal: Your Fund at your fingertips
Making a difference from the comfort of wherever you are
Our Donor Portal is designed with you in mind. We want to make the process of distributing your funds effective, fulfilling, and enjoyable. We have assembled this quick-reference guide for our donors to be able to easily access and navigate the Donor Portal. As always, our staff is happy to answer any questions you might have.
The Information You Need
Establishing your Password
TTCF staff will initiate your account by confirming your eligibility to serve as an advisor to one or more charitable funds. This eligibility is determined by the Fund Advisors documented.
Once the process has been initiated, you will receive an automated email from sender “email@example.com” with “Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation” referenced in the email’s subject line. The automated email will instruct you on the steps to create a custom password specific to your fund.
Take note of your username and password as you complete this process. Please delete this automated email once you have successfully completed this process. The link contained in the email will no longer be valid.
Accessing the System
- Click on “Donor Login” in the top right-hand corner of the page
- Fill in your “User Name” and “Password”
- If you serve as an advisor for multiple charitable funds, you will see the “Choose Fund” menu once you have successfully signed in to the Donor Portal System. Choose the particular fund with which you wish to interact.
- If you are listed as an advisor for only one fund, you will not see this screen. Instead, you will be taken directly to the main screen.
The main screen provides an at-a-glance list of Recent Contributions received into the fund and Recent Grants paid out of the Fund. You will also see the Current Balance, updated in real-time, and the current Fund Advisors will be indicated just below the balance. Note that each person listed will have similar access to the Donor Portal.
The menu bar along the top of the window provides the following additional topics:
Choose Fund – allows you to select a different fund for which you serve as an advisor
Contributions – provides in-depth information regarding each contribution received into the fund. You will note that an “Export” option appears on the far-right side of the menu bar. This feature will export information about each donation into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet.
Grants – provides more detail about all grants paid from this fund. The top section provides a summary of grants by recipient (aka, grantee). Scroll down past the summary section to see an itemized list of grants paid in descending order (most recent first).
- Look for the word “Complete” in the Status column to know the grant has been paid.
- Other status indicators will appear as the grant moves along our internal processes.
Grant Requests – use this tab to recommend a grant payment. You will find the Grants Requests window divided into four sections.
- The Grants Listing appears in the right half of the window. Here you will find each grant recommended/paid from this fund listed in descending date order. Look for the word “Complete” in the Status column to confirm a grant has been successfully paid.
- The first portion on the left side of the screen is labeled Choose from Previous Grantee. You can recommend additional payments to any recipient previously paid from this fund using this handy tool. Use one of the options below to recommend grant payments to new recipients not previously paid from this particular fund.
- Search for Other Grantees – This box queries the complete list of nonprofit organizations holding current 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status with the Internal Revenue Service.
- Enter Grantee Information Manually – the last section allows you to manually enter the information we need to process your grant recommendation. The fields marked with a red asterisk are required; providing all the requested information allows us to ensure your grant recommendation is processed as accurately and efficiently as possible.
Statements – Statements related to the fund will appear under the Statements tab. This ensures each statement is archived in one convenient location that can be accessed at any time by any of the fund advisors. Please note: Q3 Fund Statements coming soon. You will soon see all of your historical information here, in the meantime if you need a past fund statement just contact us, we will be happy to provide it.
Files – Important documents related to the fund will be archived here. If you access the Donor Portal from a shared computer or device, we strongly encourage you to use the Logout option after completing each session. This ensures no one other than you has access to the system.
- Fund balances are updated in real-time inside the Donor Portal.
- Review all pending and completed grants paid from the fund using the “Grants” option in the menu bar.
- You can use the “Grant Request” section to recommend a new charitable payment to an eligible recipient.
- Quarterly Fund Statements will post directly to the Donor Portal, under the Statements tab. Please note that fund statements for each quarter are posted to your Donor Portal late in the month following the close of the quarter.
Frequently Asked Questions
I haven’t received the auto-generated email yet. What should I do? It could take an entire day for the system to fully process each custom URL and send the auto-generated email. Check your Spam or Junk folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org If it doesn’t arrive by the next morning, please email email@example.com so that we can manually resend the information you will need to get up-and-going.
I don’t understand how to navigate the portal. Where can I get help? Should you still have questions, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply give us a call at (530) 587-1776. We’re happy to help!
The URL only worked the first time. How do I return to the portal? The custom URL inside the auto-generated email should only be used to establish your password. After that, visit www.ttcf.net and the Donor Login link is in the top right-hand corner. Simply click on “Donor Login” and you will be directed to the login screen.
I’ve lost my password. What should I do? For security reasons, the TTCF team does not have the ability to access your password. Simply click on the “Forgot Password?” link from the login screen and enter your username (your email). If you need us to erase your previous password so that you can create a new one or if you need us to update your username to a new email, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Foundation Services Director
Kathy Whitlow, Foundation Services Director
Do you need help? Kathy Whitlow, Foundation Services Director, is happy to help! Email her or call our offices at (530)587-1776.