Announcing the recipients of the Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation Open Competitive Grant Cycle.
The offices of Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation (TTCF) are still buzzing from the energy of the 2015 Open Competitive Grant Cycle. Run annually, this grant cycle is an opportunity for local nonprofits across the broad continuum of services to request funds for any and all projects. All eligible nonprofits in the North Lake Tahoe and Truckee region are invited to apply for the grant cycle. Especially prevalent are requests for core operating support and capacity building. While these types of grants are the most important to sustain the life of an organization, they are often difficult to find. It is a TTCF goal to support the long term sustainability of our nonprofit community through capacity and core operating support.
This year, two members from the Tahoe Donner Giving Fund joined the TTCF grants committee throughout the application and interview process of 41 grant proposals. We are so grateful to the Tahoe Donner Giving Fund for increasing funds by over $11,000, bringing the total grant dollars to $113,590! We channeled these dollars into organizations that served every part of our region and across all areas of impact. Thank you to all of the organizations and representatives that came to the table this year and continue to make our community a more vibrant place to live.
2015 Grant Recipients:
- Aim High for High School
- Arts for the Schools
- Big Brother Big Sisters
- Boys and Girls Club of North Lake Tahoe
- Choices Transitional Services
- Community Recovery Resources
- Family Resource Center of Truckee
- Gateway Mountain Center
- Girls on the Run
- Lake Tahoe Dance Collective, Inc.
- North Tahoe Arts
- The North Tahoe Family Resource Center
- Placer County Law Enforcement Chaplaincy
- Project MANA
- Sierra Mental Wellness Group
- SOS Outreach
- Tahoe Food Hub
- Tahoe Transportation District
- Tahoe Truckee Unified School District and Sierra Watershed Education Partnerships
- Tahoe Truckee Unified School District
- Truckee Community Theater
- Truckee River Watershed Council
If you are interested in contributing to upcoming TTCF grant cycles and want to see your dollars channeled into the community, contact TTCF at (530) 587-1776. Are you a nonprofit looking for funding? Read our two part Grant Seeking series to find the right funder and wow them with your proposal.