Liberty Utilities is your local utility company serving approximately 49,000 customers on the California side of Lake Tahoe and adjacent areas to the south and north including the cities of Markleeville, Woodfords, Topaz, Coleville, Walker, parts of Truckee & Verdi, Portola & Loyalton. We are committed to providing quality service to our customers, and our employees are involved in the communities in which they live and work. Providing scholarships to high school students within Liberty Utilities’ service territory is just one of the ways we can support these communities.
Liberty values the services that our trade partners provide to our community. This skilled workforce maintains our customers’ homes, supports new housing and economic development, implements innovative transportation solutions, provides renewable energy opportunities and maintains healthy forests. As such, we would like our scholarship to go to a student with like-minded values and interests.
- Unweighted GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must attend North Tahoe High School, or Truckee High School
- Live within Liberty Utilities’ service territory
- Must have applied to an accredited vocational trade school, plan to pursue an apprenticeship, or be accepted to an accredited 4-year or 2-year university or college.
- Must plan on pursuing a vocational trade or academic degree that supports construction, arboriculture, engineering, renewable energy, or any other academic pursuit that would fulfill other utility-related fields such as business, accounting, legal, communications, renewables, IT, etc.