The Tahoe Truckee nonprofit community is a vibrant expression of the commitment of regional residents and visitors to the greatness of our home (and second home). From the arts to animal welfare, there is an area of charitable impact that speaks to every individual, foundation, and agency that invests here. Preserving the natural environment, however, is a passion shared by nearly every adult and child that lives and plays in the North Tahoe-Truckee region.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors and our partner the Martis Fund, the Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation (TTCF) announces the 2015 Nature Grant Cycle. TTCF has facilitated the Nature Grant Cycle since 2004, and partners with the Martis Fund for the fourth consecutive year to increase our impact.
The application process will begin June 1, 2015, with eligible organizations including:
- Environmental nonprofit organizations that are tax-exempt under Section 50 l(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Public agencies whose objectives further our goals.
Half of the total grant dollars, as contributed by Martis Fund, will go directly into Martis Valley and eastern Placer County. Eligible projects and programs include those that do one or all of the following within those geographic limits:
- Restoration of forest and habitat lands
- Land management for optimal conservation values
- Leveraging existing institutional capacity and other funding.
The matching TTCF funds will be channeled into the larger region. Our first goal is to promote North Tahoe’s environmental resilience and enhanced opportunities for enjoyment of the outdoors. Ultimately, our focus continues to advance:
- Healthy land, water and air
- Vibrant fish and wildlife populations
- Accessible open space
- Educated, aware and appreciative community members
- Stronger nonprofits through capacity building and technical support grants
The application process is open Monday June 1, 2015, through 5:00pm Monday July 6, 2015. Click here to submit a proposal.
If you are interested in boosting our match to increase funds for the Nature Fund, please contact TTCF by calling (530) 587-1776. You may also use your Donor Advised Fund to contribute to the Nature Grant Cycle.