The Truckee First Gen Scholarship is open to graduating Truckee High seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.0, who are the first generation in their families to attend a college/university and attain a bachelor’s degree. The scholarship is a total of $20,000 awarded over four years of college ($5,000 per year). Students awarded this scholarship must maintain a GPA of 2.5 or higher and must be enrolled full-time in a four-year college or university.
- Be a graduating senior from Truckee High School
- Be a first-generation college student (defined as a student whose parent(s)/legal guardian(s) do not have a college degree)
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher in high school
- Have demonstrated financial need through the completion of the FAFSA
- Have demonstrated leadership ability and/or commitment to the Truckee community through a variety of measures.
- Have a compelling story
- Demonstrate motivation to complete college and make a difference
Amount: $20,000 awarded over four years ($5,000 per year)
Donate to the Truckee First Gen Scholarship HERE.